Sunday, January 20, 2013

Color Club Halo Hues Collection 2012: Harp on it, Halo-graphic, Cherubic

Color Club Halo Hues
Harp on it; Halo-Graphic; Cherubic

I cannot even express to you how excited I was when I saw these out of the box. They are just as gorgeous in person as they are in pictures. The best part; they transfer onto the nail so beautifully and EXACTLY as the color appears in the bottle. I have seen a lot of holographic polishes before in various low and high end brands, but never have I seen ones that were so beautiful and truly holographic.

The formula of these is so smooth, there is no skipping or streaking. You can get away with 1 coat, but I like to do 2 because it deepens the color a bit more. Another great aspect about this polish is that the top coat does not dull the polish or the holographic effect.  


Harp On It: 
Color Club Halo Hues harp on it


A classic silver holographic polish. This should be a staple in everyone's collection. If you are looking for just 1 color to choose I would say get this one, it is a classic holographic.

Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp on it - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp on it - No flash

Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp On It - On my nails

Cherubic:
Color Club Halo Hues cherubic

Another gorgeous holographic. It is a nude champagne holo, it is more subtle compared to Harp On It. This would be a nice choice for some who prefer a holographic polish that is a little more toned down. You are not sacrificing the holographic effect at all, it is just the base color that is a bit more on the neutral side. 

Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - No Flash

Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - on my nails


Halo-Graphic:
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic


Halo-graphic is obviously a pink holographic polish. This is the darker of the 2 pink shades from this collection. It is a rich dark pink base color with that same holographic effect as the previous 2 polishes.
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic
Halo-Graphic - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic
Halo-Graphic - No Flash


Pros:
  • The color is opaque in one coat
  • What you see is what you get - you get the same gorgeous holographic effect on the nail as you see in the bottle.
  • It does not get foggy or lose its quality even after a top coat
  • The nicest holographic polish I have seen on the market
  • Long Wearing - Lasted 5 days before beginning to show a little fading at the tips of my nails.
  • Quick Drying
  • Applies evenly
  • Easy Removal Process - I normally use acetone nail polish remover and this polish comes off like a dream, no struggling whatsoever.

Cons:
  • Price: $8-$10 It is on the higher end side for nailpolish, but in my opinion, the quality you are getting is well worth it.
  • Availability: You really have to hunt for these, I have seen them in local beauty supply stores, but I have not seen them anywhere else. You can also find retailers online, including the Color Club website.

I can really go on and on about these polishes. I am not sure the holographic effect can get any better than this Color Club Halo Hues Collection. Just for everyone's information there are a total of 6 colors in this collection. The other 3 that I did not buy were: Angel Kiss (a blue-green holographic); Cloud Nine (a softer, paler pink than Halo-Graphic); and Blue Heaven (a light blue holographic). Also, I was recently informed that there will be a new Color Club Holographic Collection coming out this year for Spring 2013, I can't wait!!!! 

Do you own any holographic nail polish? How does it compare to this Color Club Collection?

Let me know in a comment down below. Stay Beautiful!!

YouTube Review: http://youtu.be/lTtqAVCExyE 

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...