Monday, March 11, 2013

Adventures in Lush - Episode 1: Northern Lights Soap

At the end of 2012 I finally decided to dive into LUSH. I know many people who have tried and loved this brand and so I decided I wanted to get in on the fun. I picked up a variety of products from their After Christmas sale which I will be reviewing through out the rest of the year (yeah...all I can say is, Thank Goodness for Christmas Money!!). I decided to call my Lush review series "Adventures in Lush" and review each product separately as I use them.

The first product I tried was the Northern Lights soap, which was a Lush Holiday Soap, so we'll see if they bring it back next year. Here's what Lush had to say about it: (from the Lush Times) "Did you know that on dark, crisp, cold nights you can see the Northern Lights in your bathroom? Well, only if you've been to LUSH and stocked up on this startlingly refreshing cypress, lime and pine scented neon soap! Your favorite seasonal soap last Christmas, Northern Lights is back again to lather up and soften your skin this winter."



I was so excited to try this soap, not only because it is gorgeous to look at, but because of it's nice fresh pine-forest scent. Upon receiving my block of Northern Lights, I decided to cut my soap into small chunks so I can fit them in the little square Lush Tin. Also, I thought by having them in small chunks I would be able to change up the different soaps that I purchased. What can I say, I like variety in my shower routine.

Lush Northern Lights
LUSH - Northern Lights

Northern Lights, has a piney almost Mr. Clean-ish smell to it; which to me was not offensive at all, in fact it was pretty fresh smelling to me. The soap was a little crumbly and the lather was close to non-existent. But it did wash well and rinse well. The scent did not linger on the skin.

Aesthetically and scent wise it is a nice soap, but it's minimal or lack of lather left little to be desired. Would I purchase again? Probably not. I wasn't a fan of the crumbling & lacking of lather.

Pros:
  • Lasts a Long Time.
  • Scent: Nice Fresh clean - piney scent
  • Pretty to look at
  • Washes well - Leaves No residue on the skin


Cons:
  • Price: $7.95 for 3.5oz - It is pricey, and for what you are getting I did not find that it was worth it, especially since it crumbles which makes it a little more difficult to use up completely
  • Crumbles
  • Wasteful
  • Little to No Lather
  • Scent does not linger
  • Leaves skin feeling a little tight & dry after shower

TIP: Don't cut this particular soap too thin; otherwise it will crumble faster.

Have any of you tried the Northern Lights soap? Did you have a similar problem?

I hope you all will enjoy this series, and let me know what Lush Products you would recommend or any that you would like me to review!!

Stay Beautiful!!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...