Sunday, January 13, 2013

New! Tarte "Energy" LipSurgence Skintuitive lip tint - Review

I have long managed to avoid the "unique" color adjusting lip product trend, but literally the second I saw that Tarte came out with a LipSurgence version, I was sold! As some of you may know from my previous posts and reviews of Tarte LipSurgence, they are my #1 favorite lip product, hands down. In fact, there are few things that Tarte releases that I don't like. I just cannot help myself.

Here is the deal with this product: According to the Tarte website "This skintuitive formula responds to your skin's natural pH and energy, giving you a personalized tint that is truly your own younique shade of pink" - Product Performance: "The ethereal pink hue compliments every skin tone to deliver a natural looking glow and brighter complexion - perfectly customized just for you! Bonus: you can bump up the intensity of the color with an extra swipe. Like all LipSurgence lip tints, it combines pure color with natural moisturizers and glides on smooth for a sheer finish"

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence Lip Tint Tip



tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence Lip Tint

Now on to the review!

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence - Swatch

Obviously I went into reviewing this product with a grain of salt, as I was not expecting a mind blowing experience, especially when you look at the color in the packaging, it is a pale sheer pink. Upon first application it looks practically clear, like you were applying a clear lip balm. It did not swatch well on the hand, although I did get some mild color, but hardly anything noticeable. The first time testing it on the lips, I only did one layer, because I figured 1 layer should be enough for me to at least see if the color will intensify at all. Upon first application the color is virtually non-existant, and then slowly turns into a  pretty light pink color, which was flattering and wearable on a makeup or no makeup day. It didn't get much darker than this with 1 coat.

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence: 1 coat
After one coat, it managed to leave a very very faint nice soft pink stain on my lips after 2-3 hours of wear.

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence - Mild Stain

The color is mildly buildable - but it does not really ever get opaque no matter how many layers you put on. I think at most 3 layers should do the trick to get an ever so slightly more pigmented soft pink.

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence - 2 layers

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Energy LipSurgence - 3 layers


Pros:
  • Moisturizing - delivers the same great moisture to the lips as the original lip surgence. 
  • Minty taste & smell
  • Nice balm-like finish (not to glossy)
  • Leaves an ever so mild nice soft pink stain to the lips after the balm-y finish wears off (2-3hrs)
  • Mildly Build-able Color
  • Packaging - just like all the other lipsurgence, the packaging is sturdy and the lid is on tight. It is a twist up lip crayon so there is no sharpening and wasting of product.
  • Availability: Sephora, Tarte website, Ulta, or wherever Tarte products are sold 

Cons:
  • Price: $24 - it is on the higher end of lip crayons BUT I picked this up during my birthday month when Tarte offers a 20% discount and an extra sample in your order.
  • No spf (Same as all the other LipSurgence)
  • May not recommend for very pigmented lips
  • Sheer

tarte energy lipsurgence skintuitive lip tint
Wearing my Tarte Energy LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint

Overall, it's okay. I liked this product as it kept with my beloved LipSurgence tradition, and as with most other LipSurgence the color is, in this case, mildly build-able. I cannot really speak as to the claims of having your own "unique" pink color.  But, I would recommend that if you are wanting to try the LipSurgence line, you should try some of the other colors that they offer first, as I cannot say how this color will look on everyone. I will say though that if you have very pigmented lips, this may not be the product for you as the color payoff is fairly sheer even after building the color up. It is a fun idea, and good for those that are looking for a mildly tinted balm to switch up the clear balm routine, or to wet their feet in lip color, but I don't think this is for everyone.

Have any of you tried this product yet, or anything else from this line? 

Did you get a different color pay off? 

Let me know down below, post pictures too!! :) & if you like my reviews please feel free to Follow & Comment :). As always, Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

4 comments:

  1. i've always had trouble with their lipsurgence.. ill pass on this one too! great review though :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with their lipsurgence line. As for this one, you wont be missing too much. Btw, What are your favorite lip products? & Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. I got this really rosy pink color, and i love it! not the pink pink. but more like one to the magenta side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...this is interesting! I've heard the moorcan one is better and less expensive though. Have you tried that one? If so let me know what you think the comparability is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...