Sunday, January 20, 2013

Color Club Halo Hues Collection 2012: Harp on it, Halo-graphic, Cherubic

Color Club Halo Hues
Harp on it; Halo-Graphic; Cherubic

I cannot even express to you how excited I was when I saw these out of the box. They are just as gorgeous in person as they are in pictures. The best part; they transfer onto the nail so beautifully and EXACTLY as the color appears in the bottle. I have seen a lot of holographic polishes before in various low and high end brands, but never have I seen ones that were so beautiful and truly holographic.

The formula of these is so smooth, there is no skipping or streaking. You can get away with 1 coat, but I like to do 2 because it deepens the color a bit more. Another great aspect about this polish is that the top coat does not dull the polish or the holographic effect.  


Harp On It
Color Club Halo Hues harp on it


A classic silver holographic polish. This should be a staple in everyone's collection. If you are looking for just 1 color to choose I would say get this one, it is a classic holographic.

Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp on it - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp on it - No flash

Color Club Halo Hues harp on it
Harp On It - On my nails

Cherubic:
Color Club Halo Hues cherubic

Another gorgeous holographic. It is a nude champagne holo, it is more subtle compared to Harp On It. This would be a nice choice for some who prefer a holographic polish that is a little more toned down. You are not sacrificing the holographic effect at all, it is just the base color that is a bit more on the neutral side. 

Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - No Flash

Color Club Halo Hues cherubic
Cherubic - on my nails


Halo-Graphic:
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic


Halo-graphic is obviously a pink holographic polish. This is the darker of the 2 pink shades from this collection. It is a rich dark pink base color with that same holographic effect as the previous 2 polishes.
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic
Halo-Graphic - Flash
Color Club Halo Hues halo graphic
Halo-Graphic - No Flash


Pros:
  • The color is opaque in one coat
  • What you see is what you get - you get the same gorgeous holographic effect on the nail as you see in the bottle.
  • It does not get foggy or lose its quality even after a top coat
  • The nicest holographic polish I have seen on the market
  • Long Wearing - Lasted 5 days before beginning to show a little fading at the tips of my nails.
  • Quick Drying
  • Applies evenly
  • Easy Removal Process - I normally use acetone nail polish remover and this polish comes off like a dream, no struggling whatsoever.

Cons:
  • Price: $8-$10 It is on the higher end side for nailpolish, but in my opinion, the quality you are getting is well worth it.
  • Availability: You really have to hunt for these, I have seen them in local beauty supply stores, but I have not seen them anywhere else. You can also find retailers online, including the Color Club website.

I can really go on and on about these polishes. I am not sure the holographic effect can get any better than this Color Club Halo Hues Collection. Just for everyone's information there are a total of 6 colors in this collection. The other 3 that I did not buy were: Angel Kiss (a blue-green holographic); Cloud Nine (a softer, paler pink than Halo-Graphic); and Blue Heaven (a light blue holographic). Also, I was recently informed that there will be a new Color Club Holographic Collection coming out this year for Spring 2013, I can't wait!!!! 

Do you own any holographic nail polish? How does it compare to this Color Club Collection?

Let me know in a comment down below. Stay Beautiful!!

YouTube Review: http://youtu.be/lTtqAVCExyE 

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...