Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sugar 'n Spice Vox Box Review


                                         

Hi everybody! I know I'm a little late on this review but better late than never right!! I received the Sugar 'n Spice Vox Box from Influenster for free. Influenster is a free program where you occasionally get products to test and review if they find that you qualify for the box. It is well worth looking into if you like to try and test out new products. 


Now onto the review...


Nectresse: Natural no Calorie Sweetener

nectresse

nectresse


I normally only use sweetener for coffee. So I do apologize that this review wont entail using this sweetener as a sugar substitute in baking. I don't really use any sugar substitute in my baked goods, for that there is nothing like the real thing. I mainly used this sweetener in my iced coffee. I am very familiar with the Splenda brand and product as that is the artificial sweetener that I normally use in my coffee. First and foremost, let me just say that I normally use 2 splenda in my coffee, that is usually enough to sweeten it up. However, when using the Nectresse, I found that even with 2 packets it did not sweeten as well as regular Splenda. In fact, I believe that the reason that was, was because it just did not dissolve as well into the coffee and a lot of it sunk to the bottom of the cup. On the plus side though, it did not have too much of an aftertaste, but I still probably would not go out of my way for this product, as I love the regular Splenda for my daily coffee. It is a nice substitute if you are looking for a more natural alternative to Splenda or other sweeteners. 
nectresse


Pros:
  • 100% natural, made from the Monk Fruit
  • Widely available at local Supermarkest & BJs
  • Zero Calories
Cons:
  • Does not dissolve well into cold beverages, sinks to the bottom of the cup
  • Not a great taste


BelVita Breakfast Biscuits: Cinnamon Brown Sugar

belvita breakfast biscuits

First off, let me just say that I really enjoyed the BelVita Biscuits. This particular flavor that I was sent tasted like a toasted waffle with maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon. It was very light and pleasant. The biscuits are thin, so they are easy to bite into. They are not too sweet. They make a nice on the go breakfast. In each packet, there are 4 biscuits which was surprising, as I was only expecting 2. They were also surprisingly filling. I would really recommend these for those that are looking for a convenient, on the go, breakfast substitute. 
Pros:
  • Filling
  • Tasty
  • Great breakfast substitute
  • Nice Crisp Crunch
  • Widely Available at your local Supermarket.
  • Variety of Flavors: Golden Oat, Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Brown Sugar, Chocolate

Cons:

  • I got nothing


Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes

dickinsons original witch hazel

dickinsons original witch hazel


I have really been making good use out of these Oil Controlling Towelettes. I have used them for the most part as a facial toner substitute when I travel. This product really works wonders on improving the look and feel of my skin. It is effective at picking up whatever leftover traces of makeup or oil I have on my face after washing, and leaves the skin feeling refreshed and clean. The only aspect of this product that I did not like is the strong medicinal smell, which is the witch-hazel. But, that is a small price to pay for a surprisingly great product. 
Pros:
  • Great for travel
  • Cleanses face well
  • Removes excess dirt and oil without drying skin
  • Improves the appearance of skin
  • Price: $5.74 for a box of 20 towelettes. (Prices may vary)
Cons:
  • I have currently only seen this at my local Rite-Aid, but I am sure you can find this brand at mass retailers, such as Target & Walmart.
  • I personally cannot take the strong Witch Hazel smell.

Colgate Optic White Toothpaste & Mouthwash

Colgate Optic White toothpaste

Colgate Optic White mouthwash


Colgate Optic White


I have been using the mouthwash in combination with the toothpaste for a week and have seen great results. These products together are very effective. My only complaint is the taste of the mouthwash, it's not your traditional mint flavor, and like other whitening mouth washes it leaves some residual in your mouth. 
In addition, I should mention that in the box I also received the Colgate 360 Optic White Toothbrush. However, I did not review this product because I use a Sonicare toothbrush. 

Pros:
  • Effective
  • Saw results in only 1 week of using both the mouthwash & toothpaste combined.

Cons:
  • I did not like the flavor of the mouthwash

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer: Total Moisture

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer total moisture


This moisturizer is an interesting concept. It provides for a continuous spray, not to mention it's on the cool side when you spray it on your skin, which provides a great wake up early in the morning. The spray does deliver a nice amount of moisturizer to your skin but it is difficult to use it on other portions of your body, like your back, etc. For those areas, you have to spray it in your hands and apply it like a regular moisturizer. So, it's not as convenient as they market it. In addition, I didn't find the formula to be out of this world moisturizing, but it does provide a good enough level of moisture to last the day. Otherwise the product concept is fun, and makes moisturizing a little more interesting than than usual.

Pros:
  • Provides continuous spray
  • Moisturizing
  • Cool & Refreshing to the skin
  • Light Scent
Cons:
  • Not good for moisturizing your back and other hard to spray areas

Overall, I enjoyed everything sent to me in this Sugar n' Spice Vox box, thank you Influenster!

Stay Beautiful!!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...