Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gotta Love EOS Lip Balm Smooth Spheres!

I have to say, I went a little overboard with these lip balms. But, they are SOO useful, especially when you’re carrying around a purse the size of an overnight bag (GUILTY!).

I was looking into these little round cuties, after talking to my brother, who happens to be one of the healthiest and smartest people I know.  He is all into the “organic”/”good for you” products.  So, I decided to venture out and take a stab at the EOS lip balms Smooth Spheres and later their Shave Cream in “Vanilla Bliss” (that stuff smells SOOO Good).

eos lip balm



I own the Medicated Tangerine, Honeydew Melon, Lemon Drop (Spf 15), and Strawberry Sorbet. All of the balms are 100% natural flavor and with the exception of Lemon Drop and Medicated Tangerine they are 95% organic. (Additional Flavors include: Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, Passion Fruit)

At the moment the only 2 I have taken out of the packaging and used are the Tangerine Medicated and the Honeydew Melon.

I had bought my first EOS lip balm in Tangerine Medicated one blistery cold NYC day, when my lips were so chapped, nothing I had on hand was working. It sucked…a lot. I immediately bought and proceeded to slather on this lip balm and at first it felt that like all it did was sit right on top of my lips, but after warming it up in between my lips there was a welcomed relief of moisture. It was nice to know that the next time I went to smile, my lip would not split in the process. Since then, I was SOLD on EOS lip balms.

Pros:
  • Tasty – Tangerine Medicated: Has that medicated smell as all the other medicated lip balms, but it has this sweet note of citrus swirled in it. Upon licking my lips the first time with this product on, it was surprisingly sweet and not at all unpleasant. - Honeydew Melon: This an earthy melon smell to it, it does have a mild sweet taste but nothing very noticeable.
  • I would definitely recommend these lip balms, mostly for its all natural and organic elements
  • Super convenient egg-shaped packaging which helps a great deal when you’re desperately rummaging through your gynormous Hermes Birkin 40cm knockoff for your lip balm. 






  • All of the EOS balms are clear, and are great a base for any lipsticks you may have that tend to be a little drying.
  • You don't have to worry when you go to lick your lips vs. hoping that you don’t have on the gorgeous red lipstick known for containing heavy metals.
  • Moisturizing - The only thing is, is that I find that I have to re-apply this balm a little more often than I would like, just wish the moisturizing effect would last a little longer.


Cons:
  • Depending on the type of purse you like to use or if you like to go purse-less, the Egg-shape packaging could be a bit bulky. However, EOS does make a stick version of these little guys in ‘Vanilla Bean’, ‘Sweet Mint’, and 'Pomegranate Raspberry' though they tend to be a little harder to track down.

To sum it up, I liked these balms SO much that I gave some to my brother and a few of my friends. I would definitely give them a shot if you’re getting tired of your regular ‘Chapstick’, you will not be disappointed.

Let me know how you liked it, and if you know of any other awesome organic & natural brands out there. You can find these lip balms at EOS, Target, Walmart, Ulta, or your local Pharmacy.

Love,

Helen

Coupon: As of now, some EOS Lip Balm packages have $2 off coupons adhered to them, just peel them off and use them towards your lip balm purchase or try their Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss…It smells and feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...