Monday, May 21, 2012

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm - Lip Crayon Madness!


I’ve been on a bit of a lip crayon kick & I can’t help but start seeing them every where! I had a very difficult time stopping myself from picking up the New Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain I saw at my local Riteaid for $8.99 – So many pretty colors…::drool:: & then I saw that Wet n' Wild had their own lip crayon, MegaSlicks Lip Color Pencil for $2.99. I really deserve a medal for this self-control! To be honest, I’ll probably break down and head on back over there tomorrow with my tail between my legs and pick them up, lol. Oh! Now even Victoria Secret has a line of lip crayons in stores under the ‘Beauty Rush’ line (2 for $12, or $7 individually). THE TEMPTATION IS NEVER ENDING!

I was in Target a few months ago and I saw the Pixi Display and spotted these very cutely packaged lip crayons. It just so happened that I had printed up 2 coupons from the Target website for Pixi products and I had a $10 Target Gift Card, so I decided to splurge and pick up 2 Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balms; Baby Bare’ a soft pink, and Craving Coral’ a bright light coral. At $16 a pop, you better believe I had coupons!
pixi tinted brilliance balm
Baby Bare / Craving Coral



pixi tinted brilliance balm baby bare
Baby Bare

pixi tinted brilliance balm craving coral
Craving Coral












Pros:

  • These Pixi babies have good-for-your-lips shea butter and are just down-right cute!
  • They have an inviting mild minty smell to them mixed in with a little hint of wax. Doesn't have much of a taste. 
  • The application is smooth and they have a nice creamy texture to them
  • Leaves a very very slight stain on the lips after the product is wiped off.


Cons:
  • Upon comparison to my Tarte LipSurgence, I do find that the Pixi Crayons are not as moisturizing. Don’t get me wrong, they do moisturize, just not as well.
  • Must reapply throughout the day. I have the same issue with Tarte.
pixi tinted brilliance balm
Baby Bare / Craving Coral

Overall, I did really like the colors that I picked up and for the price I paid for them (About $8 each) they were TOTALLY worth it. Yet, I still find myself reaching for my Tarte a little more often. You can find the Pixi Line at your local Target or online at the Pixi website.

Have you tried the Pixi line yet? Or know of any other Lip Crayons I should try?

I’m waiting to be finished with my concealer to splurge on the Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal. If anyone has tried it, I would love to hear what you thought about it.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helen--
    I absolutely love my tint and conceal. It's perfect for summer if you want that "glow" without a lot of coverage. I find it has low-medium coverage. It has a nice, sheer, mineral look to it, but in liquid form. The concealer is very cool-- kind of thick at first, but goes on powdery smooth. Unfortunately i cracked the lid to mine so it's in a baggy. So Sad!!! However, it still works well. At $30 it seems a tad pricey, but it has lasted me along while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi starchild - Thank you for letting me know how you like your Tint & Conceal, I have hesitated a bit due to the price, but everything you told me is exactly what I was hoping for, except for the cracked lid :(. In a few months I hope to get my hands on this product - Thank you for taking the time to inform me and comment :) - I appreciate it. Love, Helen

      Delete
  2. Love these! So moisturizing and natural! I love stain-balms now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really need to get moving on putting up the reviews on the other balm stains I own, they are super addicting & I am loving every moment of it lol - Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...