Sunday, August 12, 2012

Julep Maven - Boho Glam Intro Box!

Hi all! So I finally took the plunge a few days ago, and got a monthly subscription beauty box of sorts. After much thought and research, I committed to Julep Maven! They have a great flexible program, that gives you the option to skip a month, or even send your monthly box to a friend. You also get a chance to preview the box you are getting or choose between a few other boxes they offer. At $19.99 a month, I need that flexibility and options! I guess I'm sort of a commitment phob when it comes to these types of things, I mean don't get my wrong, I'm all about surprises, but not when I'm dropping that kind of money once a month; I want that flexibility! (I officially sound like a cheap-ass right now, and I sincerely apologize, but what if I'm budgeting to buy a pair of unif hellraisers ::wink wink:: I would rather put the money towards that for the next few months).

The value that you are getting isn't too shabby either. Julep Polishes, which I have only been able to find in Sephora or the Julep website, retail for $14 a bottle! In this program you get at least 2 polishes per box. Aside, from all that though, I wanted to try these polishes out and see what all the hype was about, they are always on trend with their polish colors, and they are toxin free!

Moving on to the swatches!! I chose the Boho Glam Intro box that came with: The Best Ever Pedi Creme, Julep Nail Vernis in Sasha, and Julep Nail Vernis in Toni.
julep maven boho glam
Julep Boho Glam Box - The Best Pedi Creme Ever, Julep - Sahsa, Julep - Toni



Julep Nail Vernis in Sasha: Sasha is a very pretty coral color, and looks great with my medium skin tone. It is perfect for spring and what is left of the summer!
julep maven boho glam sasha
Julep Sasha

Julep Nail Vernis in Toni: Toni s a greyish-purple color. It is going to be great for the fall and winter, and a nice base for some of those chunky glitter top coats! (I <3 chunky glitter!!)
julep maven boho glam toni
Julep Toni

Pros:

  • The colors are nicely pigmented, gorgeous & on trend!
  • Nice glossy finish even without a topcoat
  • Packaging is glass and nice and slim, so it is easy to travel with or carry around with you if you need to touch up.

Cons:

  • Streaky first coat - You definitely need 2 coats with this polish to even out the streaky-ness of the first coat.
  • The color did not last too long before beginning to fade or chip at the tips of my nails. (Granted, on me this happens with most nail polishes I apply)
  • Retail Price: $14 for .27 Fl Oz.

The Best Pedi Creme Ever: This cream smells like cucumber and mint. The formula is very soothing and doesn't leave your feet greasy, so you don't have to worry about walking around barefoot and slipping and sliding everywhere, It absorbs very nicely. I would recommend using this on clean feet before you go to bed at night, that way you wake up in the morning with nice moisturized feet, there's nothing worse than cracked heels or dry skin on your feet during the sandal season.

Overall, I would say that I you should give these polishes a shot! There is a code you can use for your first box, so you only pay a penny for any one of the intro boxes you choose:

Just use this link: http://julep.com/?r=23100012

At check out type in Code: PENNY

If any of you decided to try this polish out, let me know what you thought of it! I think I'm going to stick with this program though, so I will let you guys know down the road how I'm liking it, but so far so good!! :) I'm very pleased!

Love,

Helen

YouTube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEZEdcMdx4A

2 comments:

  1. Helen,

    I am glad you are sticking with the program. Did you get any of the Trina Turk colors?

    Alexandria
    Julep Maven Team
    Check out our blog: www.blog.julep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandria,

    The program is great, I am really loving it. Unfortunately, I did not get any of the Trina Turk colors. I look forward to previewing this month's box. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

    Love,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...