Sunday, June 23, 2013

Influenster Spring Vox Box 2013

Summer is finally here and I have returned!! This time around I am going to be reviewing the products I received free from Influnester, in the Spring Vox Box. Just in case any of you are curious, Influenster is free to sign up and as you complete surveys and write reviews on the Influenster website, you can qualify for different vox boxes. It is a great program for people who like to try and review new products, and even better, it's FREE!! This program does not disappoint and you really have nothing to lose by signing up.

Now on to the review!!


Influenster Spring Vox Box
Influenster Spring Vox Box


Secret Outlast Clear Gel Antiperspirant/Deodorant 


Secret Outlast

The claim: Leaves fewer white marks on clothes than the next leading invisible solid! And, with 48 hours odor and wetness protection at such a low price, why pay more? (Taken from my Influenster information card) - Price $4.59

I have not used an antiperspirant in over a year, not because I don't think I need it, but largely to avoid the ingredient that normally accompanies an antiperspirant, which is Aluminum. But, the hot weather has finally settled upon NY, so I decided that I would give this antiperspirant a go, particularly on days/nights that were in the 90s and especially when wearing my cute black summer maxi dress. I have to admit that, this Secret Outlast is no joke, it keeps you dry when the rest of you is perspiring like mad, and it keeps you smelling fresh, which is extremely important in my book! In addition, it did not leave and residue under you arms, nor did it leave a stain or white mark on my black maxi dress! YAY! Overall I thought the product was extremely effective, however I will probably not repurchase it for the simple fact that it is an antiperspirant and contains a certain ingredient that I normally like to avoid.


NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm

NYC Applelicious Big Apple Red

NYC Applelicious Big Apple Red
Big Apple Red
The claim: Delivers color, shine and moisture in one single swipe! The unique apple shaped core is filled with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado Oil to give lips a healthy, irresistible look. (Taken from my Influenster information card) - Price $2.99

How excited was I when I saw this in the box? Pretty Excited! Considering the other day I was browsing the NYC display at my local pharmacy and itching to pick up one of these lip balms and the 2 new 16 hour lipstains in Orange on the Go, and Endless Red. The only thing that stopped me, was the fact that I knew I was going to be receiving this box, so I figured I would hold off until I got to see what was inside. Well, good thing I did !! (although I may be going back for lip stains at one point). The packaging on these is so cute!! It has a little apple shape in the middle that has moisturizing properties in it, and surrounding that is the colored balm. I received the color Big Apple Red, which gives your lips a very slight red toned wash of color. It is not very pigmented, but is mildly buildable, you just have to keep in mind that it is a BALM. It did a good job of moisturizing and making my lips feel comfortable.

NYC Applelicious Big Apple Red
Swatch (Flash) L>R: Layered, 1 swipe

NYC Applelicious Big Apple Red
Swatch (No Flash) L>R: Layered, 1 swipe

The scent of this product was a little off, it does have that fruity scent to it, but it was accompanied by a plastic-like scent too, however, thankfully it is not very strong. Also, just in case anyone was wondering, it has very little staying power, it virtually comes off if you eat or drink anything, and there is no stain that is left behind, so reapplication is needed through out the day to keep that little hint of color. All in all, it is a nice product at a good price.

Broadway Nails imPress Press-on Manicure


imPress Press On Holla!
imPress Press-On Nails

Style: D030 Holla!


The claim: Features advanced nail technology, so you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds - simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! (Taken from my Influenster information card) - Price $5.99-7.99

I have to say, I cannot remember the last time I used press-on nails. It had to be when I was kid, and only because a very dear friend of mine was obsessed with press-on nails. However, I must admit that on many trips to the pharmacy I have seen these imPress nails and the adorable patterns that they come in that I have been very tempted to just try them out for the heck of it. Well, thank you Influenster for indulging me in my curiosity!!

At first glance these nails are just down right adorable, and the perfect length for an everyday polished and professional look. Unfortunately, I was only able to get one full set of nails out of this set, because the other nails were either too small or way too wide. That was really the only downer, but I was sort of expecting it. All in all, I did really enjoy trying these but seeing as how I could only get 1 full set of nails and I have never been a press-on kinda girl, I don't think I will be trying these again. But, if you are the type that likes the press-on experience in all different patterns and color, I would say give these a shot! The lasted a good 4 days on me before starting to get a little loose.


Schwarzkopf Professional: OSiS Rough Rubber


OSiS Rough Rubber
OSiS Rough Rubber


The claim: OSiS Rough Rubber is a paste with an innovative rubber consistency that separates and defines while leaving a subtle matte finish. (Taken from my Influenster information card) - Price $20
  • Innovative rubber consistency provides you with outstanding texturizing effects
  • Rough moldable texture
  • Separates, defines and shapes as you wish
  • No-shine, subtle matte effect
  • Strong style control for thick hair, but not overburdening for fine hair
  • Control Level: 3 out of 4

OSiS Rough Rubber


Yet another product I was very excited about!! I don't know if I ever mentioned this in the past but I am a bit of a hair product hoarder as well - so this just fed right into my obsession. As some of you may know, I have long curly hair, with a few layers in it. So this paste really drew me in. Not to mention the packaging is round and red! Another bonus!! I always considered pastes like this to be good for short layered hair, but I have also found that these pastes are also good on hair that is medium length but has short layers in it.

The only shocker was the price tag of this product, being $20 considering it is so small, but a little goes a  LONG way! Also, the consistency of this product in the container is really strange, it really does feel like a squishy rubber ball, which makes it a little difficult to get the right amount of product out. I tried this paste dry and only used a little bit more than a pea sized amount, rubbed it in between my finger tips and scrunched it into my dry hair. It gave my curls a nice definition without leaving them feeling hard or too weighed down, and what I really liked about it was the matte finish, which gives it a little beach-y choppy look to it. It has a pleasant fresh fruit-like scent to it. Overall, I was really surprised how much I liked this product, the packaging is unique and adorable, the product does what it claims, it is a little on the pricier side for such a small amount of product, but trust me, it will take anyone a while to get through it, even if you use it everyday, and lately I have been using it quite frequently. I really loved this product, thank you Influenster!

Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes: Peanut Butter (Made with Reese's Peanut Butter)

Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kakes

The claim: Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes are light and fluffy chocolate enrobed cakes with delicious creme filling in a unique kandy bar shape. Available in S'mores, Peppermint, and Peanut Butter. (Taken from my Influenster information card) - Price $4.49 per box

At first glance, I look at this cake and my stomach turns. I don't know if any of you are like me, but when I have a bad association or bad experience with a particular food, I tend to avoid it like the plague. Don't get me wrong, when I was a kid I adored those chocolate cupcake shaped snacks with the cream filling inside, until one day I ate one and whether it was the cakes fault or not, I got sick. Since then, I had avoided brands like Hostess, and TastyKake. It wasn't till I was an adult that I gave these types of cakes another try, I think that time it was ding dongs, and once again by fault of the ding dongs or fault of another food I consumed that day, I got sick. I'm in no way saying it was the snack cakes fault in any of these instances, I'm just explaining my history with them, just in case my review is a little skewed because of it.

TastyKake Kandy Bar Kakes

Upon first opening the packaging I get a whiff of what smells like butterfingers. I placed the cake on a plate and noticed that the chocolate glaze on the top of the cake was cracked, which makes this a little bit of a pain to eat without a plate, so I really would not call these cakes "travel-friendly" because you will end up with a shirt or lap full of very smudge-able chocolate crumbs, not good. At first bite, the cake seems to disappear in your mouth and almost instantly gets pulverized into a powdery texture on your tongue, it is extremely delicate. I found that the chocolate glaze was a little on the sweeter side for my taste, and the peanut butter that is sandwiched in the middle is hardly noticeable because the chocolate flavor is overwhelming. Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this snack cake, I was expecting it to be a little more dense, and was hoping for that Reese's Peanut Butter goodness to reach my tongue, but sadly it didn't. Also, I found that this snack cake was a little on the messy side if you were just to eat it straight out of the package or even off of a plate.


TastyKake Kandy Bar Kakes


All in all, I really enjoyed this box! Have you tried Influnester? Did you get a different box or different products? Let me know!!

Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...