Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New! Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots: Pretty in Polka

Hi everybody! So I wanted to come on here really quick and let you guys know that I have finally got my hands on those ever illusive Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots polishes! Hooray! After weeks of waiting and searching every Colorshow display I came across, I finally got the 2 colors I have been eyeing: Pretty in Polka & Clearly Spotted. Ironically, they popped up when I was walking around aimlessly in my local RiteAid and I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the display and just got a rush of excitement, especially when on the same trip I spotted the New Maybelline Electro Babylips display, untouched !!! (review coming soon).

Maybelline Color Show Pretty in Polka
Maybelline Color Show Pretty in Polka






This review specifically will be on the Pretty in Polka color, since the second I got it I slapped it right on my nails & took it on a test run! In total there are 5 colors in this collection: Blue Marks the Spot (blue jelly base), Clearly Spotted (clear base), Dotty (orange/rust jelly base), Drops of Jade (sea foam green jelly base), & Pretty in Polka (pink jelly w/ black & white glitter).

Maybelline Color Show Pretty in Polka
Pretty In Polka (flash)
Maybelline Color Show Pretty in Polka
Pretty In Polka (no flash)





















For the swatches, I used only 2 coats. I have to admit that I really love the look of this polish, I like the jelly-like texture and 2 different sizes of the black & white glitter, it really makes it! The effect you get is just down-right gorgeous. I will say though that this polish, much like other glitter polishes, got a little tricky when I was trying to the place the glitter. I did have 1 nail that had a bit of clustering going on, but overall in the grand scheme of glitter polish, this one layered pretty well.

Another bonus aspect of this polish is that you can wear it alone. Granted, it is still on the sheer side, but the 2 coats delivered enough color in my opinion, considering the sheer-ness of the formula. Obviously if you want the color to be deeper all you really need to do is layer this over another pink or even a white polish to give it a little more POP. In addition, I did find that on the nail the sheer pink jelly base looks a little more fuchsia on the nail, which I'm not complaining about!

My only gripe with this polish is that it started to show signs of chipping the next day. It didn't chip so bad as to warrant the need to remove and reapply, but enough that I noticed it upon close examination. Bummer!!

Highlights:
  • Layers Well - needs a little placing, but pretty easy to work with
  • Beautiful effect
  • 2 different sized black & white glitters, gives it that great "polka dot" effect without crowding the nail with all chunky sized glitter
  • Price: $2.99-$3.99
  • Availability: Drugstores; I found mine at RiteAid, and you can also find them online at Target 
  • Wear Time: Poor; started showing signs of chipping the next day after application.
Overall, taking into consideration the poor wear time, the color is absolutely fabulous!! I love the polka dot effect and pink-jelly base. I would really recommend it if you are looking for a fun new polish to add to your collection, or a cheaper alternative to those more expensive jelly polishes on the market.

What colors have you tried, or are interested in trying?

Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...