Friday, August 23, 2013

Deborah Lippmann: Candy Shop

I think I've died and gone to glitter heaven. 

Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop

I recently was informed that Sephora started carrying Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish (Hitting stores in September 2013). Now, I may not have mentioned this before, but I am a huge fan of glitter polish, but I usually have very high expectations for them and therefore most of the time they fall flat for me for various reasons; they chip off very fast, they flake off, the glitter doesn't lay nicely on the nail, the glitter does not layer well, the list can go on and on. But, I decided to give Deborah Lippmann's glitter polishes a shot.

Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop



At the price tag of $19 a pop on the Sephora website, I was pretty hesitant at first, even with a Sephora Gift Card and my VIB 10% off, I still cringed a little knowing I just spent my gift card on only 2 nail polishes, namely Candy Shop & Across the Universe. After waiting the standard 3 days, I finally got my package and tore it open, and much to my enjoyment I practically drooled all over these polishes when I first laid eyes on them. I quickly removed the polish I had on at the time and slapped on Candy Shop...

Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop

The formula is very thick and chuck-full of rainbow glitter both large and small. The brush is a standard small nail polish brush that gives you more control when applying this very thick polish. I'm still not sure how I feel about the fact that this polish is so thick, maybe it will have to take some getting used to for me. But, applying this polish didn't take much effort at all, there was no placing needed and it really just glided over the nail, with no skipping or dragging.

As much as I wanted to say this polish is overrated, because of the huge price tag, I really can't say that at all! The application was easy, and the effect on the nail is just downright GORGEOUS!! The glitter layered beautifully and the base color is just the perfect girly milky bubble gum pink. It just makes me swoon every time I look at them. As far as wear time, there was no flaking, or chipping, only some wearing of the tips after 5 days. I think that's pretty fantastic, don't you?

Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop

Thank you Deborah Lippmann for making such gorgeous glitter polishes, and best of all, for meeting my very high expectations! Bravo!

Highlights:
  • Price: $19
  • Layers well
  • Only 2 coats needed
  • Fast drying time
  • Long Wearing
  • No placement needed 
  • Chuck Full of Small and Large Rainbow colored glitter
  • Gorgeous Milk Bubble Gum Pink base color
  • Thick formula
  • Small Standard Brush - gives you good control
  • No skipping, or tugging
  • Availability: Sephora, HSN, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Ulta
What Deborah Lippmann Polishes do you want to try? What Deborah Lippmann Polishes do you recommend?

Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...