Thursday, September 26, 2013

Deborah Lippmann takes me 'Across the Universe'

Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe
Deborah Lippmann has taken my breath away once again with Across the Universe ! I am in love with this glitter nail polish, it is going to be a staple for me this fall, as I prefer my blues in the fall and winter.

Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe


This polish has a sheer navy blue base with blue micro glitter and green and blue hexagon glitter. It is absolutely stunning alone! I have to admit that the first coat did not wow me at all, but I was determined to give this polish a shot and on the 3rd coat it was absolute perfection!! It is not completely opaque in 3 coats, as the base is on the sheer side, but it was enough that I feel that you can wear this color alone. If you chose to layer it over another polish, I would say to use at least 2 coats, just to get a good amount of that chunky glitter on the nail.

Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe (3 coats)

The only thing to watch out for, as with any chunky glitter polish, is on the edges of the nail and near the cuticle to make sure that the glitter isn't peaking out too much over the edge that it can snag or get pulled off. Otherwise, the polish layered beautifully with little placement needed. Wear time was also impressive, as it lasted a good 4 days with little tip wear.

Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe (3 coats)

Highlights:
  • Sheer Navy Blue base
  • Wearable alone with 3 coats, or can layer over another polish in 2 coats
  • Beautiful combination of green and blue hexagon glitter with blue mirco glitter
  • Average drying time
  • Long wearing
  • Price: $19
  • Availability: Sephora, Ulta, HSN
Once again, I am sold on these Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes and very much look forward to getting a few more in the near future (I hope !! I've had my eye on Va Va Voom from the Jewel Heist collection).

Let me know what you all think in the comments below, and if you have any Deborah Lippmann favorites you would like to share !!

Stay Beautiful !!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...