Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Adventures in Lush - Episode 2: The Olive Branch Shower Gel

Let me just start off by saying "WOW".

The Olive Branch Shower Gel

I recently started using my mini The Olive Branch Shower Gel from Lush Cosmetics. At first I really didn't have too many expectations from this tiny little bottle of shower gel, but that was before I opened it up and took a whiff!!



Let me just say, that the scent alone on this one won me over right away.  I literally was sniffing my skin going "::sniff sniff::...Oh...::sniff sniff::...Mmm....Wow...::sniff sniff::...Oh My God...::sniff sniff::...Wow" (hahaha). As I poured it onto my loofah, I noticed that the consistency was a bit on the watery-thin side, and that right away scared me a little, as I was thinking that this is never going to lather. Well, I was wrong again!! I did get a nice lather from this gel, but the scent was incredible! You do get that hint of the olive oil scent in there but I think it is the bergamot oil that really stands out on this one. It delivers a light scent, nothing over powering, but enough that it soothes your senses. I found the scent to be very calming and extremely delightful!

Also, my skin has never felt softer after a shower than it does when using this shower gel, I think it is a great choice if you have dry skin or if you are looking for a good moisturizing body wash. Don't get my wrong, it does not leave your skin feeling oily or covered in residue, it just leaves it feeling soft and comfortable without drying your skin out and leaves behind a very faint scent.

I am so in love with this shower gel that I am going to be picking up a large bottle when I'm through with my 2 minis !!

Highlights:

  • Moisturizing
  • Calming Scent - the most noticeable note is the Bergamot Oil
  • Average Lather
  • Watery Consistency - but not lacking in lather
  • Soothing on the Skin
  • Leaves a light scent on the skin after shower
  • Price: $9.95 - $28.95
I am officially a Lush Convert!!! Have any recommendations? I'm really itching to try the online exclusive Rose Jam shower gel, have any of you tried it? Feel free to let me know your recommendations in the comments!

Stay Beautiful!!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...