Sunday, October 14, 2012

Glade Expressions Collection - BzzAgent



Hi everyone! As some of you may know by now I am a BzzAgent. As a BzzAgent I get invited to review products for free, ranging from cosmetics, skin care, food, and home fragrance. Last month I was sent coupons to purchase 2 Glade Expressions for free. I was very much looking forward to trying this collection  because I am always looking for non-plug in scented oils, and for a good bathroom spray that doesn't require you to spray a huge cloud of fragrance to cover the odor (you all know what I'm talking about!). Anyway! I picked up the Cotton and Italian Mandarin Fragrance Mist, and the Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice Oil Diffuser.




Cotton and Italian Mandarin Fragrance Mist:

Description from the website: Escape into a relaxing Italian villa with the clean and refreshing fragrance Cotton & Italian Mandarin. A breezy blend of cotton, honeydew and sandalwood complemented by sparking citrus creates a captivating fragrance that's not to be missed.

This pretty accurately describes the scent, but to me the Sandalwood and Citrus are the key notes that I smell in this product. It is a rather strong smell, but it is unique and a little goes a long way. You really don't need to spray a lot of this product to mask odor. However, if you have small bathroom like I do, you only really need one quick spritz, otherwise the smell is a little overwhelming and gives me a little bit of headache. BUT, this was my favorite scent of all the other fragrance mists they had.

Nice Sleek Design of the Refillable Case - Loads of Possibilities, since you are going to have it for a while :) (I'm telling you, BE-DAZZLE it!)

On another note, the packaging of this is great! I like that it is refillable, that way you can feel free to really decorate the outer casing as you like, you can really even be-dazzle it if you really wanted to. I was considering doing that, why not? :) Also, it has a rubber bottom that prevents slippage and also prevents getting that nasty rust ring that you get from other brands of spray that have those metal bottoms.

Rubber Bottom


Pros:

  • Scent masks odor
  • A little goes a long way
  • Great packaging
  • Has a rubber bottom
  • Refillable
  • Price: Starter kit: $2.99 / Refill: $1.99 (prices may vary)


Cons:

  • Used in excess, this scent can really give you a headache as it is so strong.(Particularly if you are sensitive to smells)
  • Limited selection of scents: Cotton & Italian Mandarin, Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice, Lavender & Juniper Breeze, Pineapple & Mangosteen


Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice:

Description from the website: Enliven your senses with a spicy concoction of sweet pears, crisp apples and a dash of cinnamon and clove. Transform your home with fragrance.

I really loved this smell, it is so fresh, crisp and clean smelling. The best way to describe it is when you are preparing a fresh apple pie and you have mixed the freshly peeled and sliced apples with the spices - THAT! Is what this reminds me of. It just has 'FALL' written all over it! I absolutely love this scent, it is not too overwhelming and is great for a large room as well as a small one.

Oil Diffuser Decor

In addition, I like that fact that it is made to look like decor. The best part about it is that you do not have to plug it in! It's not that I have anything against plug-ins per se, but this option is much safer and just as effective. The scent has lasted me a little over a month and I have loved every minute of it.

Pros:

  • Great alternative to Plug-ins
  • Safe
  • No Mess
  • Not an eye-sore. Looks like a small piece of Decor
  • Great scent - not to strong to be overwhelming, just leaves the air lightly scented
  • Price: Starter kit: $5.99 / Refill: $3.50 (prices may vary)


Cons:

  • Limited Selection of Scents: (although I don't think I'll be trying any other one until Spring because I love this scent so much) Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice, Lavender & Juniper Breeze, Pineapple & Mangosteen

Overall, both products had their major PLUS factors, which make them worth trying. So, if you have been thinking about trying these products, I would say, given their reasonable price and effectiveness and yummy, though limited scents, TRY THEM! Also, being that this product is a fairly new launch, there are coupons available for these products to make them even cheaper! You can find these products at your local grocery, pharmacy, Walmart, and Target stores. I hope you all found this helpful! Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...