Thursday, October 4, 2012

L'Oreal le Gloss Project Runway Limited Edition 2012 - The Temptress' Shine, The Mystic's Shine

It's been a while since I ventured into glosses, but I was highly intrigued by these 2 limited edition L'Oreal le Gloss Project Runway glosses. I have 2 other le Gloss lip glosses in Peach Fuzz and Watermelon Crush. All of these glosses are comparable to each other, which is good; I like consistency when it comes to a good thing. These glosses are not sticky, yet they are substantial, and have a vanilla scent to them, which is a refreshing change from the mint.

L-R: The Temptress' Shine, The Mystic's Shine



L-R: The Mystic's Shine, The Temptress' Shine


L'Oreal le Gloss - The Temptress' Shine


In the tube it is a bronze gold shimmer. Applied it gives lips a bronzed shimmer frosted look. This gloss can be worn alone as a nude bronze, but will probably add a nice touch to an orange or rusted red lipstick.




L'Oreal le Gloss - The Mystic's Shine

In the tube it appears to be almost duo-chrome reflecting purple and pink. Applied it is basically a clear base with a lot of micro glitter that reflect purple and pink. It gives a nice effect, but it is difficult to photograph. This gloss would probably stand out more over a pink lipstick.




Pros:

  • Good consistency to the gloss, there is no grittiness from the glitter
  • Not Sticky
  • Nice colors (Just did not photograph well)
  • Pleasant vanilla scent
  • Packaging: is cute, but I find that the writing and the silver portions will come off fairly easily, as the regular le gloss (Unless I'm just particularly rough with mine, but all of my prior le Gloss have all the writing worn off of them.) 
  • Work great to extend wear of lipsticks.
  • Work great to enhance lipsticks, particularly The Mystic's Shine.
  • Decent wear time, as long as you do not wipe your lips. If you do, you are left with glitter on your lips.


Cons:

  • Price: $7.69 (I bought mine buy 1 get 1 50% off)
  • I do wish that the Mystic's Shine did stand out a bit more alone, as it is such a gorgeous effect in the tube.
  • Availability: Limited Edition, and I have only seen 3 glosses to each of the 3 different displays/themes for the Project Runway 2012 collection. I have only seen this at the pharmacy, such as RiteAid.
Overall, I have a feeling that I will get a lot of wear out of The Temptress's Shine as it is good to wear alone or on top of other lipsticks. However, The Mystic's Shine, I can only see really working with pink or plum lipstick shades, to give it a little dimension. Alone, The Mystic's Shine is beautiful, but it is nothing out of this world. I wouldn't say that I regret purchasing The Mystic's Shine, but I guess it just didn't quite reach my expectations. If you are interested in trying out these le Gloss's I would recommend picking up The Temptress' Shine, and if you are looking for a replacement from your boring clear gloss, The Mystic's Shine would be a nice change up, but don't expect magic like I did. Have any of you tried out anything else from the Project Runway 2012 Collection? I was tempted to pick up some of the polishes, but I'm on the fence about them. Have you tried the polishes? If you have, please leave a link to your blog or post a picture in a comment below and let me know how you like them. Stay Beautiful!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...